We use cookies to collect information about how you use Travelbag Travel Insurance . To accept cookies please click 'Accept and Close'. Or if you would like to disable non-essential cookies, please click here. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies.

Thank you.

Your preferences have been saved and we have disabled all non-essential cookies for you. Please visit our cookie policy for more information about cookies on this website

Call us on: 0343 658 0353

Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 6:00pm
Saturdays : 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sundays : closed

Start your travel insurance quote

Travel Bag Insurance offers a wide range of cover for your holiday. Get a quote today and make sure your trip is protected.

Begin your quote

Frequently Asked Questions about Travelbag Travel Insurance

For policies purchased between 14 April 2020 and 31 july 2023:

Does my policy cover me for Coronavirus Covid-19?

See our special coronavirus information page by clicking here.

For policies purchased between 24 April 2019 and 13 April 2020:


Because the World Health Organisation declared the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak a pandemic on 11 March 2020 this is now a known event. This affects the cover provided by Ageas Travel Insurance policies. Any policies purchased on or after 14 March 2020 will not include cover under any section (apart from the Medical Expenses section ) for claims directly or indirectly caused by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). This includes any preventative containment or delay measures. For any policies issued before 14 March 2020 cover remains as per the policy terms and conditions.

These policies will not provide any cover if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) are advising against all but essential travel to your destination.  In the present circumstances as the FCO advice on foreign travel is susceptible to rapid and significant change, we strongly recommend that you visit the FCO website to check the up to date advice against your actual or potential travel plans.  You can check whether your destination is on the exempt countries list here.

Am I covered if I am pregnant?

Yes, cover is provided for complications of pregnancy. Please refer to the meaning of words in the policy wording for the definition of complications of pregnancy and childbirth. Please note that if the due date coincides with the time of travel there is no cover under this policy.

What is a policy Excess?

Most sections of the policy carry an Excess. This is the first amount of any claim that you will have to pay. The amount may vary depending on the level of cover you have chosen. It is applicable per person per section.

What is a Pre-existing Medical Condition?

1. Any medical condition where you have been prescribed medication, including repeat prescriptions, or received treatment or attended a GP or a specialist as an outpatient or inpatient in the last 2 years or for which you are currently on a waiting list for treatment or investigation, and
2. Any heart, heart-related or circulatory condition; or any respiratory condition or any liver condition; any stress, anxiety, depression or any other psychological condition or any cancerous condition.

If I have a Pre-existing Medical Condition, can I still be covered?

If anyone travelling under this policy meets the criteria for a pre-existing medical condition as defined in the previous question, they must contact the Medical Screening Helpline on 0343 658 0300 to declare the condition(s) and ensure that we are able to provide cover.

How do I make a claim?

To Claim, phone the claims helpline on 0044 (0) 2380 177285 quoting your name and policy number.

How many children can I insure on a Family policy?

Up to 4 children under the age of 18.

What are the Terms and Conditions?

Terms and Conditions are another expression for the Policy Wording. You need to read the Policy Wording carefully because it sets out the cover that you have purchased and also the conditions that you need to meet in order to make a claim.

What are my cancellation rights?

If after reading the policy wording you decide the terms of the insurance contract does not meet your requirements you can, WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE DATE YOU RECEIVED YOUR DOCUMENTS, return it for a full refund. No refunds will be given for policies cancelled outside 14 days.

What do Winter Sports cover?

Provided you have paid the Winter Sports upgrade, you are covered for: ski equipment, piste closure, avalanche cover, ski pack costs up to the limits shown on the summary of cover. Activities covered are:
    • Cat skiing (with guides) Snow blading (no jumping tricks)
    • Cross country skiing Snow/Ski bobbing
    • Glacier skiing Snow scooting
    • Ice hockey Snow shoe walking
    • Langlauf (cross country skiing) Snow shoeing
    • Monoskiing (not for time trials/speed skiing or racing Snow tubing
    • Skiing on piste Snow blading
    • Skiing or snowboarding off piste (within local ski patrol guidelines Snow boarding on piste
    • Sledging/tobogganing


Your policy can be extended to cover the following winter sports when you have paid the additional winter sports premium, but no cover will apply in respect of any Personal Accident or Personal Liability claims:

  • Kite snowboarding Snow carting
  • Snow go karting Snowmobiling
  • Skidoo Snowmobile safari

You will not be covered for any claims arising directly or indirectly when engaging in or practising for the following winter sports:

  • Arial skiing Ski bob racing
  • Air boarding Ski jumping
  • Biathlon Ski mountaineering
  • Bobsleigh/Skeleton bobsleigh Ski race training
  • Freestyle skiing Ski racing
  • Heli skiing or heli boarding Ski randonee
  • Ice climbing Ski stunting
  • Ice diving Ski touring
  • Ice fishing by snowmobile (snowmobile driven by guides) Sky yawing
  • Ice fishing by snowmobile (snowmobile not driven by guides) Skiing off piste (outside local ski patrol guidelines/outside recognised and authorised areas)
  • Ice holing Snow biking
  • Ice marathon Snow cat driving
  • Ice speedway Snow kiting
  • Nordic skiing Snow parascending
  • Paraskiing Snowboaring off piste (outside local ski patrol guidelines/outside recognised and authorised areas)
  • Ski acrobatics/aerials Tandem skiing

What do I do if I need medical assistance when travelling?

Please notify the Medical Assistance helpline on 02380 177474 about any serious illness or accident abroad where you have to go into hospital or you may have to return home early or extend your stay (you should first check that the circumstances are covered by your policy). Please provide your name and policy number.

Can we travel independently on our Couple/Family travel insurance policy?

Each adult can travel independently.

How often can I travel on an Annual Multi-trip policy?

The policy lasts for the complete 12 months, and you can take as many trips/holidays as you wish during the year. Any individual trip or holiday must not last longer than 31 days. If a trip is for a longer period you will need to purchase a Single Trip policy for that particular trip.

What is the difference between Standard, Premier and Premier Plus cover?

These are the different levels of cover offered under this policy. Standard offers the least cover, with the highest excess for the cheapest premium. Premier offers a wider range of cover at higher levels with a reasonable excess and is priced reasonably. Premier Plus cover provides the widest range of cover and the highest levels of protection for you and requires you to pay the least amount of excess. As a result Premier Plus cover is the more expensive choice.

How is my policy delivered?

Your policy is emailed directly to your email address shortly after being issued. Please note that some internet providers filter our automated e-mails as SPAM so please check your SPAM/junk folder if the e-mail has not been received. Alternatively for a small postage charge, your documents can be delivered by post.

Do you offer cover for over 65s?

Yes we do. The maximum age for taking this policy out is 79 at the commencement of the policy for Annual Multi-trips and 85 for Single Trips.

Do you cover non-UK residents?

No, this policy is only available to residents of the United Kingdom.

What products do you offer?

Single Trip policies
Annual Multi-trip policies with maximum trip duration of 31 days
For Individuals, Couples and Families (including Single Parent Family)
Including optional covers for Winter Sports
Standard, Premier and Premier Plus levels of cover

What credit/debit cards do you accept?

We accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro/Switch, Solo, Visa Electron, Delta and American Express.

What happens if my bag is stolen with all my travel documents and money whilst I am travelling?

You must report theft or losses to the police or relevant authority within 24 hours of the event and obtain a written report. These reports are the only proof that the loss/theft did actually occur. If you leave luggage and personal items unattended in a public place then we cannot be held responsible for any resultant claim. You should always take reasonable care to look after your property and treat it as if it were not insured. There is no cover for cash or valuables left in an unattended vehicle at any time, even if the vehicle is locked.

Are my glasses covered?

Glasses and prescription sun glasses are excluded from this policy.

When do I need to purchase my travel insurance?

At the time of booking your travel arrangements to make sure that you have cancellation cover in place for that particular trip. You cannot purchase a policy if you have already left your home country.

If your travel arrangements change then you must call Rock Insurance immediately on 0343 658 0353. You must be able to provide the correct period of insurance on your documentation in the event of a claim.

What do I need to take on holiday with me?

Please ensure that you take a copy of your certificate of insurance and a copy of the full policy wording - these documents contain important numbers that you may require whilst travelling.

Am I covered for cancellation?

If you have paid the appropriate premium, you are covered for cancellation of your holiday for the reasons stated in the policy wordings. You may be able to claim (subject to the policy terms and conditions) for any travel or accommodation costs that you have either already paid or are contracted to pay, that you cannot reclaim from the tour operator.

What is an Excess Waiver?

If your policy includes the Excess Waiver, you will not need to pay the excess on any claim. The Excess Waiver must be purchased at the time of booking the insurance and cannot be added on later. Please contact Rock Insurance on 0343 658 0353

What is an EHIC (formally E111)?

If you intend travelling to European Union (EU) countries, the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, we would advise you to obtain a Form CM1 from your local main Post Office. On returning this, duly completed, to the main Post Office you will be issued with a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which will entitle you to certain free or reduced cost health arrangements in the EU, EEA or Switzerland. (Full details are given in the DSS Leaflet No. SA40).
NB: In the event that you have used the EHIC to effectively reduce the cost or your treatment or medicines; then you will not have to pay an Excess in relation to any medical related claims.

What vaccinations do I need?

You should check with your doctor as soon as possible. Your doctor will be best advised to tell you what vaccinations are required, if any.

Can I change my policy?

We can change your policy within 14 days of purchase (except to add on excess waiver), after this you will only be able to make administration changes such as departure / return dates, extend the policy to cover Dangerous Activities or upgrade the benefit levels within the policy. Please contact Rock Insurance on 0343 658 0353.

Which Special Sports and Activities are covered?


What is covered:
Category A sports are automatically covered under your policy. Category B, C and D sports will be covered upon payment of an additional premium. Payment for additional categories includes coverage for all preceding categories (e.g. if you pay Category D you will be covered for A, B and C also) and will be noted on your certificate of insurance.
You are not covered for taking part in any sports or activities unless they are listed below.
Cover for the following activities is included for recreational, amateur purposes only. When participating in your activity you must ensure that it is adequately supervised and appropriate safety equipment is worn/used at all times.


Horse ridingDNo Polo, Hunting, Jumping or Racing
Activity Category Conditions
Abseiling C Must be within organiser’s guidelines
Aerobics A  
Archery A  
Badminton A  
Basketball A  
Bowls A  
Bungee jumping B No Personal Accident cover
Camel/Elephant Riding B  
Camogie B  
Canyoning D  
Cricket A  
Cycling A No Tours. No Personal Liability cover
Cycle touring C  
Deep sea fishing B  
Dog Sledging B  
Dry slope Skiing C  
Fell walking, rambling & trekking A Up to 2,000 metres altitude
Fishing A  
Football A Non-competitive
Go karting B Up to 120cc. No Personal Liability cover
Golf A  
Gymnastics B  
Hang Gliding D  
Hiking A Up to 2,000 metres altitude
Hiking B Between 2,000 and 6,000 metres
Hockey B  
Hot air ballooning B As a passenger only
Hydro Zorbing B  
Hurling B  
Ice Hockey D  
Ice-skating A Rink only
Land Yachting D  
Martial Arts B Training only
Motorcycling B Over 50cc and under 250 cc - no racing as a rider or passenger when wearing a helmet provided the rider holds an appropriate UK motorcycle licence to ride the motorcycle. No Personal Liability cover
Mountain biking C Excluding competition/racing
Parachuting D Tandem only – no cover for solo
Paragliding C  
Parasailing C  
Parascending A Towed by boat. No Personal Liability cover
Parascending C Over land
Racket ball A  
Rafting, canoeing and kayaking B including white water up to grade 3. No Personal Liability cover
Rafting, canoeing and kayaking C including white water up to grade 4. No Personal Liability cover
Rafting, kayaking and canoeing A No white water
Rambling A  
Roller skating A  
Rounders A  
Rugby B  
Safari B Not involving use of firearms (not walking safari)
Sailboarding C Must be inland waters or coastal waters within a 12 mile limit from land
Sandboarding C  
Sand Yachting C  
Scuba diving A To a depth of 18 metres
Scuba diving D Depth of between 18 and 30 metres if BSAC, PADI, DIWA, SSI or SAA member
Sea Canoeing B  
Show Jumping D  
Skateboarding A  
Snooker, pool and billiards A  
Snorkelling A  
Squash A  
Surfing A No Personal Liability cover
Swimming A Must be undertaken in a pool, inland waters or coastal waters within a 12 mile limit from land
Table tennis A  
Tennis Included  
Trekking B Between 2,000 and 6,000 metres altitude
Triathlon – Road Bike B  
Volleyball A  
Water polo Included No Personal Liability or Accident cover
Water skiing A Must be inland waters or coastal waters within a 12 mile limit from land. No Personal Liability cover
Windsurfing A Must be inland waters or coastal waters within a 12 mile limit from land. No Personal Liability cover
Work Abroad D No Personal Liability or Personal Accident cover. Manual work will be ground level only and no machinery
Yachting, boating, sailing and rowing A Must be inland waters or coastal waters within a 12 mile limit from land. No Personal Liability cover

If you are undertaking a pursuit or activity which is not listed in this policy or are in any doubt as to whether cover will apply, please call our Travel Helpline as quoted on your certificate of insurance.

Will this policy cover me if my Trip has been Dynamically Packaged?

Yes, cover is provided irrespective of how your Trip / holiday has been packaged together.